An unprovoked attack by a dog can be devastating to your family, loved ones, and minor children. Often, innocent victims are harmed as the result of negligent, careless, and irresponsible pet owners. In Florida, thousands of people are injured annually by animal attacks. These attacks often lead to substantial damages including scarring and occasionally death. Unfortunately, many small children can’t appreciate the dangers or protect themselves from these attacks, often falling prey to the apparent friendly pet.
The State of Florida recognizes the potential for animal attacks and adopts a theory of “Strict Liability” when it comes to Dog Bites. This means that an owner of a dog is liable for injuries and other damages caused by the attack regardless of whether the owner was negligent or not. Therefore, the seemingly harmless dog in the neighborhood that your children may pet or play with on occasion is not excused when they strike.
If you or someone you love were injured as a result of a dog bite, dial 1-833-MAKE-THE-CALL (625-3843) for a FREE CONSULTATION regarding your Rights.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A DOG ATTACK:
- Stop and assess the situation.
- Call 911 and/or Animal Control.
- Seek medical attention if necessary.
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the scene, especially any potential witnesses.
- Take pictures of bites, or bruises incurred from the attack, even if only with a camera phone.
- Report the incident and make sure all documented information is accurate, including the address and contact information for the owner of the dog.
- Do not provide any statements or sign any documents for insurance company representatives or other adverse individuals prior to contacting our law office.
- Dial 1-833-MAKE-THE-CALL (625-3843) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a FREE CONSULTATION with our team.
Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisement or a webpage. Before deciding whether to hire our firm, ask our office to provide you information about our qualifications and experience. Please be advised that no communication resulting from your use of this website will create an attorney-client relationship. To create an attorney-client relationship you will need to sign a separate written agreement with our firm. This site is owned by The Robinson Law Group and is used to advertise in different area codes and counties across the State of Florida where we are licensed to practice law. Our main office is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. Call toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a FREE CONSULTATION at 1-833-MAKE-THE-CALL. (625-3843)